...Secrets Were Told!"

Thursday, November 4, 2010

"Secrets!'

My Granny use to say, "A secret aint a secret if you tell somebody!"
How true is that... and why are some secrets so...so.... that we just have to tell someone?! Though I'm human and have slipped a few times, I am a good holder of secrets for a few reasons. So, many of the people who bared their very souls to me were virtually strangers. So I did not know anyone they knew and vice versa (most of the time), so I could tell my friends & family and none was the wiser. Yet, nine times out of ten, I always changed names to protect the innocent and sometimes ignorant.
In my description, I referred to a lot of my secrets came to me while working as a Bartender, however many secrets were told to me on the train going to and from work; as a Stylist; as a Wedding/Special Events Planner; as an Administrative Assistant for a very prominent Beverly Hills Doctor; as a  Manager of a High-end Women's Clothing Store; as a Personal Trainer for a popular Gym chain and as a Neighbor, Friend and Fellow dog walker.... 
In around 2000, I was on the train tired, pretending to read, when this very conservatively dressed, soft spoken, average looking, middle-aged white woman sat next to me & began to cry. I tried my damnedest to ignore her, but when she began to sob profusely, I offered her a tissue and she began the  49 minute explanation of the awful trouble she was in due to the tangled web  she had woven.... 
Stay tuned for the great secrets that were meant to never be told, begin to unfold.....

No comments:

Post a Comment